- By entering the “Philips Dream Holiday" competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2.1. “Clicks” means Clicks Retailers (Pty) Ltd, its subsidiaries, divisions and/or associated companies;
2.2. “Clicks ClubCard Programme” means the Clicks customer loyalty programme;
2.3. "Clicks ClubCard” means members of the Clicks ClubCard Programme who are holders of the applicable loyalty card;
2.4. “Competition” means the Philips Dream Holiday Competition;
2.5. “Supplier” means Philips South Africa Commercial (Pty) Ltd.
- In order to be eligible to enter the competition, a participant:
3.1. Must be at least 18 years old and residing in the Republic of South Africa;
3.2. Must be a member of the Clicks ClubCard Programme;
3.3. Must have purchased any Philips Male Grooming, Beauty, Garment Care, Oral Health Care or Kitchen Appliance at a Clicks store in the Republic of South Africa and swiped his/her Clicks ClubCard during the purchase.
3.4. Can also purchase the above listed products online and use his or her Clicks ClubCard to enter the competition online (on the Clicks Omni-Channel).
- All participants who meet the eligibility requirements set out above will be automatically entered into the competition.
- The following persons and entities are not eligible to participate in the competition:
5.1. directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Clicks, its subsidiaries, divisions and/or associated companies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Clicks, and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners
5.2. directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to the advertising and promotion agencies of Clicks and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners; and
5.3. directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Supplier or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Supplier and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners.
- The competition commences on 16 September 2017 and closes on 06 January 2018. Any entries received after the closing date will not be valid and will not be considered.
- Sixteen winners will be drawn by random selection from all eligible entries by 31 January 2018. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into
- The prizes for the Competition are as follows.
8.1 The Grand Prize consists of a Thompson Tours Travel Voucher valued at R50 000:
8.1.1. the prize excludes cost of travel documents and/or VISA (if applicable) and travel insurance;
8.1.2. the winner is responsible for the cost of their own transport to either Johannesburg/Cape Town/Durban International Airport; and
8.1.3. the prize must be utilised by the end of February 2020.
8.2 1 of 15 Weekly cash prizes valued at R5 000 each.
8.2.1. Week One- 16 September 2017- 22 September 2017
8.2.2. Week Two- 23 September 2017- 29 September 2017
8.2.3. Week Three-30 September 2017- 06 October 2017
8.2.4. Week Four- 07 October 2017- 13 October 2017
8.2.5. Week Five- 14 October 2017- 20 October 2017
8.2.6. Week Six- 21 October 2017- 27 October 2017
8.2.7. Week Seven- 28 October 2017- 03 November 2017
8.2.8. Week Eight- 04 November 2017- 10 November 2017
8.2.9. Week Nine- 11 November 2017- 17 November 2017
8.2.10. Week Ten- 18 November 2017- 24 November 2017
8.2.11. Week Eleven- 25 November 2017-01 December 2017
8.2.12. Week Twelve- 02 December 2017- 08 December 2017
8.2.13. Week Thirteen- 09 December 2017- 15 December 2017
8.2.14. Week Fourteen- 16 December 2017- 22 December 2017
8.2.15. Week Fifteen- 23 December 2017- 29 December 2017
8.2.16. Week Sixteen - 30 December 2017- 06 January 2018
- The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other item. If, for any reason, the Supplier cannot provide any of the prizes, the Supplier will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
- Each of the winners will be required to provide Clicks and the Supplier with proof of identification in the form of a copy of his/her identity document, passport or South African driver’s licence.
- Notification and delivery of prizes:
11.1 Each of the winner’s contact details will be obtained from the Clicks ClubCard Programme database. Each winner will be informed telephonically and/or by e-mail within 72 (seventy-two hours) after his/her name has been drawn, that he/she has won the prize.
11.2 Clicks reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the telephone call and/or e-mail within 72 (seventy-two) hours of being contacted or the notification being despatched, indicating that he/she accepts the prize. In such event, Clicks will select another winner within 1 working day thereafter.
11.3 If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reason, that winner will forfeit his/her prize and another winner will be selected. In order to claim his/her prize, a winner may contact the Clicks Call Centre on 0860 254 257 or e-mail Clubcardcompetitions@clicksgroup.co.za.
11.4 Prizes will be delivered within 30 days of all winners being notified.
The winners’ names will be published on the official Clicks’ website (www.clicks.co.za) and the Supplier’s website (www.philips.co.za).
- Unless the winner specifically states otherwise, each winner agrees to participate in all promotional activity and hereby consents to Clicks and the Supplier using his/her name, images and/or voice in any promotional material for the purpose of promoting the competition. No compensation will be payable for such use. The winner will have the right to withdraw his/her consent for the use of his/her name, images and/or voice prior to the use thereof by Clicks and/ or the Supplier in any promotional activity.
- A copy of these terms and conditions will be available on the official Clicks’ website (www.clicks.co.za) from 16 September 2017 until 30 January 2018.
- Unless indicated otherwise, all intellectual property rights to the Supplier’s official website, mobisite and social media pages, and the information posted on the Supplier’s official website and social medial pages (“Information”) is owned by the Supplier. The Supplier’s rights include but are not limited to, all patents, copyrights, rights to the trade names, word trademarks, pictorial trademarks and logos of the Supplier.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, YOU AGREE, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THAT NEITHER CLICKS NOR THE SUPPLIER NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AGENCIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE, ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSENQUENTIAL LOSSES OR ANY CLAIM MADE AGAINST ENTRANTS BY ANY OTHER PERSON, COSTS OR CLAIMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPETITION OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
- CLICKS AND THE SUPPLIER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND THE COMPETITION FOR REASONS BEYOND ITS CONTROL. CLICKS, THE SUPPLIER AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SERVICES PROVIDERS, INCLUDING ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK PROVIDERS, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSION, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, LINE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE INABILITY TO ACCESS ANY WEBSITE OR ONLINE SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON BEYOND ITS CONTROL.